What to pack in your hospital bag? It can be tricky I know, and I can honestly say I probably packed and unpacked mine a few times.
If you are giving birth during the corona virus pandemic (or any time really) you may want to think about packing the bare essentials, do you really need those extra clothes? Anyhow, the hospital hasn’t gone loads of space so you don’t want to be taking your biggest travel suitcase with you! I gave birth at the start of lockdown and this is what I brought with me.
I had two bags, one little suitcase on wheels with my clothes and babies and the other with toiletries and nappies/ wet wipes etc. Also, this is based on 1 night stay in hospital. You can always have a bag with extras at home ready if you need to stay in longer.
- 3 Short sleeve vests
- 3 Baby grows with scratch mits incorporated
- 20/25 nappies size 1
- Nappy bags
- Water Wipes
- (I brought cotton wool and never had to use it)
- I brought barrier cream but never used it
- 1 Soft Blanket
- 2 big muslins
- 2 small face/ burp cloths
- Outfit to go home in (I brought a cute coat but it was too big so I just used the blanket)
- Car seat
- Water bottle with a straw (This is essential for labour!)
- Fairy Lights
- Lavender essential oil (to put on wrists or spray around the room)
- Water spray if you want the essential oil
- Snacks to keep you fuelled
- Flannel to cool you down
- Wireless headphones to listen to any relaxation tapes
- Battery pack if you are in a pool room without plugs
- Comfy sports bra
- Hair bobbles
- Cosy Bed Socks
- Maternity pads
- Big black cotton/ loose knickers
- Disposable briefs
- Comfy loose clothes (Joggers/ loose t-shirts/ sweater)
- Flip Flops
- Toiletries in travel dispensers (shampoo/ conditioner/ shower gel/ small moisturiser/ toothbrush/ toothpaste/ deodorant/ lip balm)
- Very LONG phone charger
- Face wipes
- Camera/ Camera charger
- Make-up (during lockdown you may not have any visitors so up to you!)
- Warm cardigan OR dressing gown
- Nighty with buttons down the front. I took 2 but only used 1
- Breast pads ( I didn’t need these until day 3)
- Nipple cream. I would highly recommend Lansinoh (I didn’t use this until I got home) but THIS IS A LIFE SAVER ONCE YOU ARE HOME THOUGH!
So if you were wondering what to pack in your hospital bag,I hope this blog helped you!! Try not to over pack.
Wish you all the best with your birth! If you’d like to read my positive birth story here it is!